Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It is official

Well it is official. Tabor accepted a job in Flagstaff, Arizona and we will be moving there in February. He starts schooling October 31st and will be either in Flagstaff or Tempe AZ. for 7 months. The kidos and I will stay here until February so that we can have family and friends close to help me out, since he won't be around. Starting in February however he will able to have more time in Flagstaff.
I will covet every ones prayers as we go through the big move. There are a lot of changes that we will be going through as well as I will be raising three kidos on my own for a few months.
We are excited and know that the Lord is leading us in this direction. We are very sad to be leaving family and friends, in fact I don't want to think about it until I absolutely have to because it makes me cry. I know however the Lord will help us through and will give us great friends to fill the void in Flagstaff.

3 comments:

Amy Martin said...

I'll be praying for you. I know what it's like to move to a 'foreign land' where you don't know anyone.

I don't know what it's like to raise three kids on my own though. Be extra thankful for your family in this time!

Janelle said...

Melisa,
I have tears in my eyes when I think about you having to go through what you're going to and I know exactly how you feel. Granted, I never went through any of it with kids, but I think they will be a good distraction. I found that distraction was good. If I didn't have any distractions then I would just sit and have a pitty party and that wasn't very good or healthy either. I will be praying for you as you go through all of this. There will be so many changes that your head will spin, but relying on God's strength and help is essential! I know for a fact that your relationship with our great Savior will intensify and that is one of the wonderful things about difficult times like these! I know you have enough friends and family around there that you'll be fine and you'll make more friends once you get to AZ. What a time of stretching! Am and will be praying for you!

ruth said...

Melisa, listen to your wise sister-in-law. She knows what she's talking about! :) I know it will be hard to be living away from your families (I'm there myself), but you can rest in God's grace in changing circumstances. I like the words of that scriptural song: "Your will cannot lead me where Your Grace will not keep me; Your hand will protect me, I rest in Your care." Love ya!