Tuesday, January 29, 2008

White Chicken Chili

Have any of you ever tried White Chicken Chili? I hadn't up until last year Jen Bragg brought some to carry-in and I fell in love. In fact I secretly hope she brings it to every carry-in(I can hope can't I.) Anyway I came across a recipe for one, although I do not think that it is the same recipe as Jen's it is very good so I thought I would share. Janelle it is the cookbook that you gave me. My second favorite cookbook.

1lbs boneless,skinless chicken breast, cut into sm. chunks
1 med. onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (or 2 cloves of fresh garlic)
1T. vegetable oil
2 can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 can chicken broth
2 can green chilies (4oz)
1tsp salt
1tsp oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cayenne pepper (I don't put this in to spicy for me)
1 c sour cream
1/2 c whipping cream

In large saucepan, saute chicken, onion, garlic, and oil. Cook until chicken is almost done. Add beans, broth, chilies, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in the sour cream and the whipping cream and serve.


Very Yummy Hope all of you who try it will love it too.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

That does sound good. I'm ashamed of myself for how many cookbooks I have that never get opened. I usually stick to the good ol' standby's and rarely try something new. I need to start doing that! Is that cookbook the one from our church? I should use that one more too, as well as the MOPS cookbook you gave me!!! Question: is the recipe for those Monster Cookies you made while we were there in that cookbook? Those were scrumptious, even after a month of them being in the freezer!!! =) Thanks for the motivation to break out those cookbooks and try something new! Who knows, maybe I'll find another good ol' stanby! =)

inside the barricks said...

No the monster cookie recipe is mom's from one of her old cookbooks. This recipe is from your church one.

These Crook's said...

I am so glad you posted this! I have been wanting to ask you for the recipe for a long time, but I always forget :) Some day when I cook I will have to make this :)