Wednesday I had to take Katlyn to the dentist to fill a cavity. She did AWESOME!! They kept asking me how I kept her so quiet. I told them that she has a very high pain tolerance. We left and went to Tabor's office to tell him how great she did and to tell him about his appointment. While we were there he gave her some gum, not thinking to much of it I let her have some since she did such a great job. Well letting a two-year old chew gum while her mouth is numb is not the greatest thing I have ever done. When we got to the car I was buckling her into her car seat and notice that her mouth was bleeding, she was chewing the side of her lip and cheek instead of the gum. I took the gum away and cleaned up the blood. When we got home she fell asleep on my lap, I went to lay her down so I could go get Aly from Truth's house and start dinner before church. I looked at her and her lip was three - four times the size that it should be, scared-me-to-death. I called Tabor and asked him to stop by the dentist (he works right next store) to see if this was normal or if she was having an allergic reaction to something they gave her, they said that she probably chewed on it not knowing that she had since it was numb (gum, hello Melisa). I felt and still feel terrible. She has never complained about it hurting. It looks terrible it is yellow and white inside. I hurt everytime I look at her.
I guess it is one more story to stick in her baby book about all the accidents that she has had in her short life.
I am posting pictures, but a warning they are not very flattering I will post a cute one at the end so you can remember what she looks like without a huge lip.
{Love is Worth the Risk}
11 years ago

6 comments:
Oh, Melisa that is so sad it's funny! I'm trying hard not to laugh out loud, poor kid. It's just too bad that I'm getting a laugh at your cute little one's expense.
Don't be too hard on yourself. I'm sure she'll forgive you one day. ;)
it looks like my daughter and son-in-law are abusing my grand daughter. perhaps she should come and live with nana and papa? just kiddin. love you guys. Dad
AWW! poor baby! It doesn't look like she's too worried about it though. Maybe even a little proud of being so tough. She is just adorable... fat lip and all. That's how Travis looked after he ran through our barbed wire fence on his four wheeler, so just be thankful hers was numb when this happened! LOL
Ruth, Truth taught Peewee club that night and said that she was laughing everytime she looked at her. So you are not the only, we too found ourselves laughing.
Amy, I am very glad that she was numb and once it wore off she had gotten use to it.
OMWord shes adorable! Poor thing.. way to go mom n dad haha jk! Your girls are so beautiful can't wait to see the boy ;o) ~ Jami
So, I guess the lesson learned here is NO GUM AFTER A DENTIST APPOINTMENT!!!!! :) Yes, she will probably laugh at all of this later! What a little trooper!
Post a Comment