Monday, April 28, 2008

A Barrick Update

Well, I feel like typing a little. So instead of just posting pictures of my beautiful children I will write something.

My super, sweet, husband has spoiled me once again. In February he bought me a Lincoln Aviator. In March he bought me a nice little camera (one that I can stick in my purse) and remodeled our bathroom not a huge remodel. But one that was very much needed. We painted, put in a new tub surround, new flooring and fixtures. I have been asking to do this for quite sometime as we had a very bad mold problem that I think was the problem of my little Aly's skin spots. I thought that she was allergic to the water in the swimming pool. But after getting rid of all the mold her "spots" have left. In April he bought me a lap top which I love. I would get so frustrated at the old one this one is much faster, it doesn't take me foreeeeeever to check me daily blogs, bank account, and email. However it has windows vista and I am still learning the new programming. So if anyone has Vista and has some hints I would gladly take them

Katlyn has done wonderful with no pacifier. I took it away Sunday evening and on Monday she asked for it in the morning. We got were able to change the subject and she was fine. I didn't have her take her usual nap that Monday and that night we went swimming which always tires the children out. On the way home she fell asleep without it. The next day she asked "Why did you throw my pacs' away there not dirty." I told her "because you a big girl know" "No I not" "Do you want to help me fix dinner" "yeah" end of talking about it. Later that week Tabor put a picture of all of us at the parade on his computer and in it Katlyn has her pacifier. She noticed the picture and said "There's my pac, but now I a big girl." And that was the end of that.

We are in the process this week of preparing for our annual yard sale. Then next weekend is the Mother-Daughter and Aly's ballet recital. The weekend after that is the school graduation and awards night. Then the next weekend we are on our way to California. I am counting down the days.

The Lord has been so great to us this year (as with every year) but this year has been the top (so far) in Tabor's business and we can not praise and thank him enough Tabor works on commissions, which makes it hard to budget in a vacation or any extras (laptop, camera, etc.) but we have been able to do all of it the last few months and pay down on our existing bills. The Lord is AWESOME!!!!!

3 comments:

These Crook's said...

Do you think Tabor could talk to Josh about the whole present thing...but he actually got me a mothers day present that weighs almost 200 pounds so i'm anxious to find out what it is....and it's from like a wildlife catalog or something like that...

Anonymous said...

I guess it is to small for a colt hey. :-)

ruth said...

That's awesome, Melis! It's tough to live from commission to commission, I know. I'm glad to hear of how God is blessing you.