Sunday, August 19, 2007

Wow, what a month

It has been, I think that this has all happened in August anyway. So here is how it has been. I was asked to help out at the school this year so I have been over there preparing my room ordering books and so on.

Well on Wednesday we were having a teachers meeting and my girls were playing around in the tunnel and weight room. All of a sudden we here a blood-curdling cry come from my little Katlyn immediately I know something is wrong because she does not cry that way ever. I run down there to find that they had been messing around with Tabor's Olympic weights and she had dropped a 5 pound weight on her big toe. It turned black and blue immediately and and was bleeding she cried for a good thirty minutes which, again not like her at all. We decide that it is probably broken but never have taken her in to see for sure. Seems how they probably won't be able to do much.

Thursday I go to let Chase out on the line, Katlyn as she always does followed me. I come around the corner just in time to see her hanging on tightly to her TWO babies one in each hand trying to step off the steps, missing the first one and falling right on her face. So along with a bruised toe now add a scuffed up face.


Saturday she wakes up with a rash it is just around a few areas so I think well it is probably a heat rash Tabor and I had planned to go golfing that day (I hit two par three's best game played yet) We took the girls to my parents house I showed my mom the rash and asked her to watch it. After golfing we came to pick them up the rash had spread down her legs and arms. I think it must not be to serious because she has no fever and is not acting sick. At eight o'clock that night she was covered from head to toe. I did take her in and they told me absolutely nothing. They gave her some benadryl and sent me home.

Sunday she woke up and all she had was a bruised toe and a scuffed nose rash completely gone and still a mystery.


Skip forward to the next Friday I was again working at the school when Aly had asked me if daddy was home yet? I told her "yes, he is over at the house with Katlyn" she headed over to the house a few minutes later I hear thud, thud, thud, thud, thump, BAM! Whaaaaa! I again go running and find my little Aly bug laying at the bottom of our basement stairs, head on concrete floor, feet facing up the stairs. After several minutes of screaming then crying (she is my drama queen) I get her calmed down enough to get the story. Apparently she was a the top of the stairs trying to open the gate when the gate swung backward and hit her causing her to go tumbling down the stairs. She had a couple knots on her forehead and a scuffed up nose, a few bruises here and there but she is doing well considering the huge fall she took.

I think that is all that has happen so far for the month of August but everyone keep praying that nothing else happens to my little girls. People are going to think I abuse them if they keep showing up with bruises all over them. I am going post pictures of my poor scuffed up children but please don't report me :)





Aly is becoming quite the fisherman. She loves going, it also is the only picture I got of her scuffed nose from her fall. I guess I won't be able to scrapbook this fall.

4 comments:

Amy Martin said...

Oh my goodness!! When it rains it pours. Poor little girls! I've heard that bad things happen in three's, so maybe that's all that you'll have to face this month!

We'll be praying for you and them!

Janelle said...

Sounds like your "girls" might as well have been boys!!! Although I'm sure you wouldn't trade them in a million years! Poor little things! Fearless little ones! So, Katie not going to be a body builder when she grows up I guess! =) Hope their bumps and bruises heal soon!

Good luck trying to teach this year while trying to keep an eye on them! Does Aly start school this year? What grades are you teaching? Will it be every day? Hope it all goes well!

inside the barricks said...

thank you guys. They are doing well now.

I will be teaching Kindergarten. 3 hours a day 5 days a week. It is just for the one year. It was going to just be in the afternoon for spelling, language, and reading with the middle school aged children but then our enrollment jumped so plans changed. I hope I do ok I have never taught kindergarten so I am a little afraid. But I will be praying a lot.

No Aly is only 3 so she has two years left.

Thanks for the comments.
Love,Melisa

Janelle said...

Kindergarden will be great! I think you'll enjoy it more than you think. That's such a fun age! The only problem is that they still have fairly small attention spans! I'm sure if you have any trouble your Mom would be a great help!

The only way I know about that age group is because we teach 3 and 4 year olds in Awana, which starts next week, and they are so much fun and never cease to amaze us in their learning ability! It's just amazing the difference between when they first get into our class and when they leave. They change so much in such a short time! Hope you have fun! When does school start for you guys?